Saturday, February 22, 2014

Student designed angle finder.

Posted by Scott O.





Angle finder for Table saw Incra Jig.
Prototype model #1
Printed on the Replicator 2
I used solidworks 2012 educational edition software
I tried to print on 1/14/15 out of PLA and the prints failed due to an unclean plate (my fault)
I began printing on 1/15/14 in 7th period out of PLA The print was successful I need to make a counter sink hole on the opposite side of the female coupling so a bolt does not have to stick out and increase the size of the square hole but then I’m going on the final print for the angle finder. The prototype broke on the male piece so I’m going to increase the size on it to try to keep it in one piece longer. I increased the size of the male and female couplings so as to strengthen the bonds and put a recess on the back so as to accommodate the nut and bolt the picture is as follows.
The initial print failed due to the filament overlapping on the spool the fix I’m going to apply is I’m going to pull the spool out the spool to the other end of the class to check for hang ups such as this one. I have done the fix that I believe is going to fix the problem and am beginning the print again in PLA.


This angle finder is designed to lock in place at exactly 25 and 50 degrees, which are the angles necessary to create our zig-zag cutting boards out n the shop.  Should allow us to reproduce these products with a lot more precision and repeatibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment